The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGL) is a competitive exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit staff for various Group B and Group C posts in various ministries, departments, and organizations of the Government of India.
SSC CGL 2023 Notification
The SSC CGL 2023 Notification was released on April 3, 2023, on the official website of the SSC. The notification contains all the important information about the exam, including the eligibility criteria, the number of vacancies, the exam pattern, the syllabus, and the important dates.
SSC CGL 2023 Eligibility
To be eligible for the SSC CGL 2023 exam, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Educational qualification: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Age limit: Candidates must be between the ages of 20 and 30 years on the date of notification. However, there are age relaxations for reserved category candidates.
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens.
SSC CGL 2023 Exam Pattern
The SSC CGL 2023 exam will be conducted in four tiers:
- Tier 1: Tier 1 is a computer-based objective test that consists of four sections: General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language.
- Tier 2: Tier 2 is also a computer-based objective test that consists of four sections: Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Statistics, and General Studies.
- Tier 3: Tier 3 is a descriptive test that consists of two sections: Essay Writing and Letter/Precis Writing.
- Tier 4: Tier 4 is a computer-based skill test for candidates who have applied for certain posts, such as Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax) and Assistant Audit Officer.
SSC CGL 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for the SSC CGL 2023 exam is available on the official website of the SSC. The syllabus covers a wide range of topics, including:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: This section covers topics such as logical reasoning, analytical reasoning, numerical reasoning, and verbal reasoning.
- General Awareness: This section covers topics such as current affairs, history, geography, economics, polity, and general science.
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section covers topics such as arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- English Language: This section covers topics such as grammar, vocabulary, and comprehension.
- Statistics: This section covers topics such as descriptive statistics, inferential statistics, and correlation and regression analysis.
- General Studies: This section covers topics such as Indian history, Indian geography, Indian polity, Indian economy, and Indian culture.
SSC CGL 2023 Important Dates
The following are the important dates for the SSC CGL 2023 exam:
- Notification release date: April 3, 2023
- Application start date: April 3, 2023
- Application end date: May 3, 2023
- Tier 1 exam date: July 14-27, 2023
- Tier 2 exam date: October 25-27, 2023
- Tier 3 exam date: December 17, 2023
- Tier 4 exam date: (To be announced)
How to Apply for the SSC CGL 2023 Exam
To apply for the SSC CGL 2023 exam, candidates must visit the official website of the SSC and create an account. Once the account is created, candidates can log in and fill up the online application form. Candidates must also upload their scanned passport-size photograph and signature.
SSC CGL 2023 Preparation Tips
Here are some tips for preparing for the SSC CGL 2023 exam:
- Start preparing early: The SSC CGL exam is a competitive exam, so it is important to start preparing early. Give yourself at least 6 months to prepare for the exam.
- Understand the syllabus: The first step to preparing for any exam is to understand the syllabus. Make sure you know what topics will be covered in the exam and the level of difficulty.
- Create a study plan: Once you know the syllabus, create a study plan that covers all the topics. Make sure to schedule time for each topic and give yourself enough time to revise the material.
- Use the right study material: There are a lot of study materials available for the SSC CGL exam. Choose study materials that are comprehensive and cover all the topics in the syllabus