The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is expected to release the SSC GD Constable Notification 2024 in the last week of November 2023. This recruitment drive aims to fill over 84,866 vacancies for the post of Constable (General Duty) in various Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and other paramilitary forces. The notification will provide detailed information regarding eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, syllabus, and selection procedure.
- SSC GD Notification 2024 Release Date: Expected in the last week of November 2023
- Online Application Start Date: Expected to coincide with the notification release date
- Online Application Closing Date: Expected in the first week of January 2024
- SSC GD Constable Exam Dates: February – March 2024
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed the 10th standard from a recognized board or institution.
- Age Limit: 17-25 years as of January 1, 2024
- Physical Standards: Candidates must meet the prescribed physical standards for height, chest, and weight.
The application process for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2024 will be conducted online through the SSC website (@ssc.nic.in). Candidates will be required to register themselves, fill out the online application form, upload scanned documents, and pay the application fee.
The SSC GD Constable Exam will consist of two stages:
Computer-Based Test (CBT): This objective-type test will assess candidates’ knowledge of General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, English Language, and Mathematics.
Physical Endurance Test (PET): This test will assess candidates’ physical fitness through various physical activities, including a 1600 meters race, long jump, high jump, shot put, and 800 meters race.
The final selection for the post of Constable (General Duty) will be based on the combined merit of the CBT and PET scores. Candidates will also undergo a Medical Examination to ensure they are physically fit for the job.
- Thorough understanding of the syllabus: Candidates should thoroughly review the prescribed syllabus for the CBT and PET.
- Practice with previous years’ papers: Solving previous years’ question papers will help candidates familiarize themselves with the exam pattern and question type.
- Regular physical training: Regular physical training is essential to prepare for the PET.
- Time management: Effective time management during the exam is crucial for achieving a good score.
- Stay updated with the latest information: Keep checking the SSC website for any updates regarding the notification, application process, exam dates, and other relevant information.